Save ! Buy USB 2.0 External Enclosure for SATA or IDE 3.5-Inch Desktop Hard Drive HDD up to 2.0 TB Reviews

USB 2.0 External Enclosure for SATA or IDE 3.5-Inch Desktop Hard Drive HDD up to 2.0 TB Reviews

Read More From Here Now

This enclosure provides a fast, easy way to add more storage space to your computers, HD Media players, Game Consoles, etc. Its USB 2.0 interface allows users to read and write with the rate up to 480 mbps. In fact, this Enclosure brings you the flexibility to reuse an existintg 3.5-inch Desktop hard drive as an external storage device. It can be used with Windows, Mac or Linux.

Solid thick aluminum material
Large Storage Support (up to 2 TB tested)
A built-in 3-inch quiet Fan
On/Off power switch
2.0 A power supply to ensure enough power for most power-consuming drives

Interface: SATA and IDE Combo to USB 2.0/1.1
Chipset: JMicron JM20337
Supports: 3.5" SATA I (150) or SATA II (300) or IDE/PATA Hard Drives
Compatible OS: Windows 2000/ME/XP/2003/Vista/Win 7, Mac OS 8.6 or above, Linux kernel 2.6+
Compliance with USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed) electrical specification
Supports High speed data transfer USB 2.0 (up to 480Mpbs)/1.1
Hot-Swappable, Plug-n-Play
Anti-Shock Design: Hard drive can be fastened on the base plate with the bolts provided
Support SATA II Asynchronous Signal Recovery (Hot Plug) feature
Support SATA spread-spectrum transmitter
Support ATA/ATAPI Ultra DMA Mode
Best vantilation design with a 3-inch built-in quiet Fan
High Quality external power supply included:
AC input: 100 - 240V/50 - 60Hz
DC output: +5V 2.0A / +12V 2.0A

LED indicator

Package Include
Aluminium Enclosure Case with Circuit Board installed
Detachable SATA data and power cable
Detachable IDE data and power cable
USB connection cable
Power Adapter and Cable
User Manual
Base Stand
Mounting screws and screw driver

Technical Details

- Large Storage Support (up to 2.0 TB tested, higher capacities are possible)
- Takes either SATA (I/II) or IDE 3.5-inch Desktop hard drives
- Best vantilation design with 3-inch quite Fan blows to hard drive directly
- High quality 2.0A (2000 mA) AC power supply included
- Base Stand included
See more technical details
Customer Buzz
 "A questionable HD external inclosure" 2010-01-26
By Ernest Burdick
I got this to expand my computer system with an extra HD enclosure. My previous enclosure's power supply died and I tried contacting the manufacturer for a replacement but they would never reply to my requests. This left me on the hunt for a whole new unit.

This unit had good looks and was appealing in price so I ordered it. It arrived in good time but upon close inspection, it was very lacking. The supporting documentation was missing. So it was up to me to figure out how to disassemble it and install my hard drive. Not complicated, both sides do come off, Murphy's Law dictated that I would take off the wrong side first. After installing my HD and replacing the cover, I was ready to plug in the power cord. This cord and connector are both of very poor quality IMHO. This should be very positive and robust, this was neither. My first attempt to plug in the cord didn't work. Closely inspecting the chassis connector with my magnifying glass revealed that the pins were bent. Here's where quality materials should have been used. The "key" for the connector is so small that it is almost useless, this makes plugging in the cord difficult to get it correct. Second, the connector pins are so weak and flimsy that they bend easily. Once I straightened the pins, I had to visually align the plug before connecting it to the the socket. Once mated, I the found out that this connection will easily become dislodged and fall out. I had to use tape to keep the plug in the socket.

I would not recommend this enclosure to anyone.


Images Product

0 comments:

Post a Comment