@@@@ SAVE ! Buy £76.37 for Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5 TB 3.5-inch Hard Drive

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5 TB 3.5-inch Hard Drive (7200 RPM, 32 MB Cache) Reviews

Read More From Here Now

Technical Details

See more technical details
Customer Buzz
 "Hard work when installing on Linux and 3 year old BIOS" 2010-04-07
By D. Brennan (Marlbrough, Wiltshire England)
I chose Seagate as that was what the existing system disk was on my Linux server. After installation the system showed it as a 500GB disk.
I have been here before and know that you have to download the Seagate tools and set the max block size on the disk. I searched and found a Linux version. It took me a long time and much Googling to find out the Linux tools will not work with a SATA disk. So I downloaded the bootable image. This worked fine and I set the max block count and after that it all worked.

Was Seagate the right choice? Probably at leased its the devil I know.

Customer Buzz
 "Speedy Gonzales" 2010-03-22
By JK132 (York, UK)
Not much I can say about a hard drive - apart from that it is quiet and allows me to carry out a 300 GB backup almost exactly twice the data rate (and half the time) as my Hitachi 1.5TB did...

Customer Buzz
 "Lots of issues" 2010-03-09
By Tellitlikeitis (UK)
I have many drives, which run most of the time.

My Western Digital Green 1.5TB drives have been flawless.

However this Seagate 1.5TB was a disaster. The first failed after 2 months and got replaced by Amazon directly - they sent the new one and I returned the broken one in the packaging they sent - great service.

The replacement has now broken 2 more months in - that is 2 for 2 dead drives. Now I have to phone Seagate, pay for returns packing and shipping myself and wait for them to check this drive before sending me another one.

When a WD drive fails, they send you a new one first then you return the broken, they also pay for it.

With Seagate you pay and you wait.

I won't be buying Seagate again and have in any case ordered another 1.5TB WD to keep me going whilst I wait for Seagate to receive, process and then dispatch a new drive (which hopefully will last longer than my current 2 months MTBF!).

Customer Buzz
 "Seagate 1.5TB Hard Disk" 2010-03-04
By Mr. R. D. Wilson (UK)
I bought this Hard Disk as a Cache Disk for my Video editing and it has met my requirements, I have no complaints regarding the performance of the disk and would not hesitate to buy another if required.Seagate OEM 1.5TB Barracuda 7200.11 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Disk Drive (7200RPM, 32MB Cache)

Customer Buzz
 "Seagate 1.5TB Disk" 2010-02-25
By Mr. A. Cheal (UK)
Bought this to install in a media player - Sumvision Cyclone MKV Enclosure

The drive is working without problems in the enclosure which doesn't have any active cooling, meaning the drive does get hot. Despite this, it has worked flawlessly streaming large video files with no problems


Images Product
 
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5 TB 3.5-inch Hard Drive (7200 RPM, 32 MB Cache)

0 comments:

Post a Comment